THIS PLUGIN IS NOW OBSOLETE,PLEASE SWITCH TO
‚WP NO CATEGORY BASE‘
Go to http://skyphe.org/code/wordpress/decategorizer/ for the
„Decategorizer“ will remove the category base from your category
links, and turn your category URLs from something like
„http://yourdomain/category/news/“ to „http://yourdomain/news/“.
301 redirection for old category links added automatically;
works with most permalink structures (please e-mail me or leave
a comment on plugin’s site if it doesn’t work for you);
you can safely use variables in your category URLs
sitemap plugins compatible;
it works with multiple subcategory links
„Decategorizer“ needs John Godley’s
plugin to work and it will disable itself if Redirection is
Redirection version 2.x. is recommended (Last tested with v2.1.9)
To see the end result before you decide to install, please
visit wordpress.skyphe.org and
browse around. You’ll notice that no url contains „category“ and still
everything works just fine.
I don’t think I’ve ever written a readme before. Is it full of
spelling and grammar errors? Too long? I suck at explaining how things
work? Drop me an e-mail if something’s bugging you about this text 🙂
Plans for the next version?
(modified on February 10th 2009 at 11:36PM)
Make it a „Redirection“ extending class – does that make any sense?
Or maybe move from „Redirection“ completely and just write the values
to the .htaccess file?
Leave a comment here (WordPress forums) or on my site, or send me an
e-mail if you would like to see something added to the plugin.
Thanks for reading this 🙂
- Place the whole ‚decategorizer‘ folder into your wordpress‘
installation folder, under ‚wp-content\plugins‘.
- Go to WordPress administration->plugins page and make sure that
the plugin’s name (Decategorizer) is on the list, but do not
activate it just yet.
- Install Urban Giraffe’s Redirection plugin the same way,
if you haven’t already done so.
- Activate ‚Redirection‘ plugin.
- If you haven’t had Redirection installed and used before now,
go to Redirection plugin’s options page so its database tables
can be created.
- Go back to the plugin management page and activate Decategorizer.
- You’re done.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„Decategorizer“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
- june 2nd 2009
- small bugfix for subfolder installations
- may 30th 2009
- additional options on the permalink settings page in admin.
- now you can create a list of paths which will be ignored by the
paging redirection (thanks Travis!) => WORDPRESS 2.7 AND UP ONLY
- may 17th 2009
- fixed a bug with 301 redirections not respecting the user added
text string at the beginning of permalink structure
- may 17th 2009
- minor code corrections
- informational messages are no longer echoed, but saved to a log file
to prevent headers already sent errors on add/edit post/category
- may 14th 2009
- i might have broken a few sites with that 0.6 version, so i’ll
just apologize preemptively – sorry! 😐
- version 0.6.2 is what version 0.6 was supposed to be
- big thanks goes to westi for explaining the event sequence of
- may 11th 2009
- fixed a bunch of bugs
- plugin now correctly updates the redirections when permalink
structure is updated, or deletes them when structure is empty
- plugin now deletes the data it has created when it is deactivated
- added support for custom strings in permalink structures,
for example /articles/%postname%.html (thanks Dominic!).
- i’ll be releasing another update soon – you’ll be able to
choose whether you want the trailing slash or not in your
permalinks, and also some other yum things.
- february 20th 2009
- fixed the failing feed redirections for some permalink structures
- better description and tags in readme for Sphinx 🙂
- february 17th 2009
- added exceptions if is_admin() or is_search()
- february 14th 2009
- had to change the redirection regexes again, to make it possible
for urls like /categoryname/subcategoryname/?var=value (thanks T4L!)
- february 13th 2009
- changed redirection form from /cat_name/$ to
^/(optional subfolder install)/cat_name/$, so if the install is in a
subfolder (eg. http://domain.com/wordpress), that subfolder is now
included in all redirections, just to make it failsafe.
- fixed failing home pagination in some cases (/HOME/page/2/) when
wordpress is installed in a subdirectory.
- february 12th 2009
fixed the randomly appearing slash at the end of category list when
using ‚wp_list_categories‘ function to print it
- february 10th 2009
- changed category redirections into regexes and added $ (end of string)
at the end of expressions to make sure it parses category URLs only.
- also tested with wordpress MU 2.7 (and Redirection 2.1.7) and everything
seems to work just fine 🙂
- october 31st 2008
- minor code changes
- october 30th 2008
- static homepage pagination
- static posts page pagination fixed
- 301 redirection for paginated category/tag archives with slugs including category_base
- october 26th 2008
- Plugin will now automatically disable itself if „Redirection“ is
- Added notifications on top of the admin screens.
- Added 301 redirection for old permalinks containing /category_base/
- Added support for permalinks without trailing slash (thanks PH!).
- Redirections are now added when the plugin is activated, and on a
few other occasions (see bottom of plugin file for all the hooks).
- Plugin no longer runs on each and every pageload. Hooray 🙂
- plugin now checks if redirection tables exist (d’oh) before
starting to work. It also checks whether adding redirections is
actually needed (if you have no child categories, for example).
-> removed in 0.5 for compatibility reasons (‚/%postname%‘ permalinks).
- added automatic creation of redirection rules.
PLEASE NOTE: Although I’ve been testing the plugin for the past
two hours, do try it at home first.
REMINDER TO SELF: addslashes(), INSERT, save your sanity…
- instead of setting back category_base to its default value,
the current value is used, so one’s permalinks don’t get broken if
they decide to deactivate the plugin. Sorry for that, current users :/
Please check your ‚category_base‘ value.
- added the filter to ‚category_link‘ as well. No more
„/category/“ in links when using „Google XML Sitemaps“ and „Dagon
Design Sitemap Generator“ plugins 🙂