I run ads for long periods of time so I don’t care about accurate display statistics or anything of that nature.
I needed to show banner ads on my site, but double click for publishers was messing up my template and other plugins were too heavy for what I needed.
So, I made a super-basic banner plugin and named it after my favorite breakfast.
Create a banner, paste the link it should point to, name the zone you want it in, and make a note of the advertiser.
Then put the shortcode into your template or directly in a post.
If you put multiple banners into one zone then 1 will randomly be selected when the page loads.
- Install from repository
- Update your template
<?php do_shortcode('[adsbenedict zone=zonename]') ?>(change the zone name to whatever ads you want displayed here)
- In posts/pages just use shortcode:
[adsbenedict zone=zonename](change the zone name to whatever ads you want displayed here)
- Go to the adsbenedict menu page and add some ads.
- Aren’t there enough bad banner ad plugins?
Yep. And this one makes no claims to superiority other than that it is insanely simple and fixes some problems I was having with other ad plugins.
- What about click tracking? weighting? alternate networks?
If you use YOURLS link shortener you can have some rudimentary tracking. Set your YOURLS address and secret token and a column will be added that keeps track of statistics.
There is no protection against fraudulent clicks.
I use this on ads that are sold and run for a period of time as opposed to ads that have a certain number of impressions or clicks associated with them.
- Will it ever…
The only „features“ I think I’m going to add are a start date.
Subject to change as I need to add features for myself.
- Can I request a feature?
Of course. If it’s interesting or seems helpful to the rest of the world I might add it.
- Does it handle billing?
- If I put the same zone in my template twice could it possibly display the same ad twice?
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„Ads Benedict“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
- Fixed a slow query related to the expiration post_meta.
- Increased quantity of ads to include in array.
- Fixed formula for ad conversion calculations.
- Forgot to make the ajax run for non-logged in users in previous release.
- Ads can be loaded via ajax which defeats full page caching.
- Speed and logic improvements in ad performance generation
- Fixed main shortcode return so PHP notice is not raised
- Fixed enqueued script with harcoded protocol
- Fixed error where YOURLS was passed an empty string
- Added short term caching to prevent slow loading due to long running query on sites with lots of posts
- Added expiration date.
- For already existing ads, this will not impact display.
- New ads will default to an expiration one year from date of creation.
- Added column to show expiration date.
- Use yourls API to display statistics.
- Check to see if yourls shortener is in use before adding display column of stats.
- Fixed YOURLS error is trying to use an already shortened link (please don’t do that)
- Styled a shortened link so it’s responsive. Hardcoded for now.
- Added YOURLS integration
- With YOURLS integration clicks and impressions are captures
* This is the version I’m using on my sites.
* Removed most (all?) self-deprecating comments.