Uses custom post types and taxonomies to manage an FAQ section for your site. Includes a set of custom taxonomies to organize, and shortcode options for different display configurations. See the FAQ section for complete setup options.
- Got a bug? Something look off? Hit me up.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the ‚wordpress-faq-manager‘ folder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory or install via the WP admin panel
- Activate the plugin through the ‚Plugins‘ menu in WordPress
- That’s it.
What does this do?
It uses the custom post type feature to create a dedicated FAQ section in your WordPress site, including categories and tags exclusive to them.
How Do I Use It?
Each FAQ acts like a „post“. You can assign your own categories (called topics) or tags and organize as you see fit. You can also use shortcodes to place them on any page as follows:
For the complete list:
[faq]on a post / page
For a single FAQ:
[faq faq_id="ID"]on a post / page
List all from a single FAQ topic category:
[faq faq_topic="topic-slug"]on a post / page
List all from a single FAQ tag:
[faq faq_tag="tag-slug"]on a post / page
List all from multiple FAQ tags:
place [faq faq_tag=“tag-slug-1, tag-slug-2″] on a post / page
List all from both FAQ topcis and FAQ tags:
place [faq faq_topic=“topic-slug-1″ faq_tag=“tag-slug-2″] on a post / page
The list will show 10 FAQs based on your sorting (if none has been done, it will be in date order).
* To display only 5:
[faq limit="5"]on a post / page
To display ALL:
[faq limit="-1"]on a post / page
For a list with a title and link to full FAQ:
[faqlist]on a post / page
For a list with a group of titles that link to complete content later in page:
[faqcombo]on a post / page
For a list of taxonomies (topics or tags) with a link to their respective archive page:
[faqtaxlist type="tags"]on a post / page
For a list of taxonomies (topics or tags) with their description:
[faqtaxlist type="topics (or tags)" desc="true"]on a post / page
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„FAQ Manager“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
- fixed a bug where the rest route location changed so we defined the old way
and it works again
- adding rest support back for custom post types and taxonomies
- total refactoring. I mean, totally.
- added German language support. Props @PowieT
- added French language support. Props @straw94
- replaced custom function with native admin columns for FAQ taxonomies
- removed ‚answers‘ from FAQ table due to translation issues
- tweaked CSS to include FAQ icon in all related areas.
- small bugfix on markup for shortcode combo
- added optional ‚back to top‘ link for combo FAQ list
- added option to redirect all FAQ content to a single FAQ page
- added option to disable content_filter on output (added on 1.324)
- applying filters to content output for shortcodes, etc
- beginning internationalization support
- moved widgets into a separate file for organization
- minor bugfix for conflicts with certain commerical forms plugins
- fixed RSS inclusion bug
- fixed IE9 expand / collapse bug
- added version number to CSS and JS files
- added optional inclusion of permalink below expanded entries
- added ability to change single FAQ slugs
- added taxonomy list shortcode
- revamped settings and instructions page
- CSS cleanup
- modified expand / collapse to close all other FAQs when one is opened
- added expand / collapse speed option
- added standard post classes for taxonomy archives
- added standard post classes for themes with narrow CSS
- bugfix on plugin page menu links
- added optional jQuery smooth scrolling effect for FAQ Combo shortcode
- added links to settings and instructions page on plugin table
- fixed bug in Random FAQ widget and and added variable for ’see more‘ text and number. Props @jupiterwise
faqcomboshortcode to allow for a list of FAQ titles that inner-link to the content on the page
- added CSS for printing to auto-expand FAQs (does not affect screen)
- fixed jQuery expand bug that was causing FAQs to be collapsed at all times.
- removed the ‚public‘ option (it was misleading)
- added SEO options (noindex, nofollow, and noarchive)
- bugfix with URL source of files (for reals this time)
- Search widget to search just FAQs
- bugfix with URL source of files
- added a user permissions filter
faq-capto all related admin menu pages. See the Codex on
user_has_capfilter to adjust.
- updated FAQ sort page to match user permissions of settings page
- MAJOR code cleanup
- converted code base to OOP
- serialized settings storage in DB
- consolidated widgets
- Added fallbacks if user doesn’t save settings
- Removed version number for script and CSS enqueues for better cache setup
- New icon
- Code cleanup for 3.3
- Added FAQ slug as title anchor
- Optional H type selector (H1, H2) for better theme compatibility
- Included optional jQuery AJAX pagination (thanks to @JohnPBloch and @DanDenney for the help)
- Slight markup change (switching a span class to a div)
- Cleaned up function to include optional jQuery collapse
- Restored the single FAQ title on the „Random FAQ“ widget
- bug fix where markup in post editor screen would break layout on admin panel.
- added 3 additional widgets
- code cleanup via suggestions by @Yoast
- Included wpautop function to display line breaks / lists / etc.
- included optional jQuery collapse / expand
- added second shortcode option [faqlist]
- added instructions page within FAQ submenu
- added option to control number of FAQs displayed via shortcode. See the How To section of the readme for more info
- Fixed path for CPT icon
- Updated user documentation
- Initial release