With this extension when someone searches for products and their search terms match a product category then they will be redirected to that product category instead of the search results.
This is useful if you have products which do not contain the product category name in the title or description as those products wouldn’t appear in search results when someone searches for the product category name.
- Redirects search terms to product categories when matched
- Search term to category match can be in any order
- Lightweight and no configuration required
There are no settings to configure with this extension, once it is activated just try a product search for a product category and you will get redirected to that product category instead of seeing the search results.
For example, if you have a premium hoodies category then search for premium hoodies (or hoodies premium) and it will redirect you to the premium hoodies category instead of showing you the search results.
Note that the redirect will only work if you are using the standard WooCommerce product search which has URLs like this:
- PHP 7.2.0
- WooCommerce 7.3.0
- WordPress 5.9.0
You can install Product Search Category Redirect via:
- Automatic installation
- Manual installation with FTP client
- WordPress dashboard upload
- Frontend: Where elements may be displayed on the frontend they will fit within the screen width
- Backend: Backend: Where interfaces may be displayed it is recommended to use a desktop computer with a resolution of 1920×1080 or higher. For lower resolutions any interfaces will attempt to fit within the screen width but some elements may be close together and/or larger than the screen width
Nothing happened after activating?
There are no settings to configure, see the usage section above to try out the redirects.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„Product Search Category Redirect“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
Interessiert an der Entwicklung?
1.2.1 – 2023-09-19
- Changed: Header assets
- Changed: WooCommerce tested up to 8.1.1
- Changed: WordPress tested up to 6.3.1
1.2.0 – 2023-08-02
- Added: High Performance Order Storage (HPOS) compatibility if WooCommerce version is 8.0.0 or higher, note that this version includes several changes for HPOS compatibility, it is recommended you perform this upgrade on a staging environment before upgrading the extension on a production website regardless of whether HPOS enabled, HPOS and the compatibility in this extension are very new, use with caution
- Changed: Development assets
- Changed: PHP requires at least 7.2.0
- Changed: WooCommerce requires at least 7.3.0
- Changed: WooCommerce tested up to 7.9.0
- Changed: WordPress requires at least 5.9.0
- Changed: WordPress tested up to 6.2.2
1.1.3 – 2022-12-23
- Changed: Minor dashboard string changes
- Changed: WooCommerce tested up to 7.2.2
- Changed: WordPress tested up to 6.1.1
1.1.2 – 2022-10-21
- Changed: Redirect now uses wp_safe_redirect
- Changed: Code refactoring
- Changed: PHP requires at least 7.0.0
- Changed: WooCommerce requires at least 5.0.0
- Changed: WordPress requires at least 5.4.0
- Changed: WordPress tested up to 6.0.3
1.1.1 – 2022-04-23
- Changed: Code refactoring
- Changed: WordPress tested up to 5.9.3
1.1.0 – 2022-03-25
- Added: wcpscr_product_search_category_translation function
- Added: WooCommerce not installed/activated notice
- Changed: WordPress tested up to 5.9.2
- Fixed: Translations (if included in future) may not load due to load_plugin_textdomain not hooked on init
1.0.1 – 2021-05-27
- Added: Check for empty product categories before attempting redirect
- Changed: Plugin headers and readme
1.0.0 – 2021-05-25
- Initial release