Recapture is the easiest and most effective way to recover abandoned carts and do email marketing for your Easy Digital Downloads site. We also support WooCommerce abandoned cart recovery as well!
Requires: EDD 2.7.7+ or newer and a free Recapture account
Recapture helps your store increase sales. This plugin connects Recapture to Easy Digital Downloads to send triggered emails to your customers to recover abandoned carts, win back old customers, or request reviews.
** Recapture has a long history of success with Abandoned Carts **
Recapture has already helped merchants generate over $169,000,000 in additional revenue since 2015. We’re recovering on average $1,000,000+ a week for stores like yours.
Recapture’s abandoned cart recovery for Easy Digital Downloads helps your ecommerce store recover lost revenue from abandoned carts. Recapture tracks when carts are abandoned on your store, then lets you send recovery emails to encourage the customers who abandoned these carts to complete the purchase.
You can set up as many campaigns and recovery emails as you’d like, and customize the text and design of every email sent.
Recapture has best-in-class email capture capabilities–using email popups, or our new „Add to Cart“ email popup, where users enter an email before they add the item to the cart, ensuring easier recovery.
** Emails are Ready-to-go on Install, but easily customized **
You don’t need to spend a lot of time setting up Recapture before you can benefit from it.
Recapture’s emails are setup using best practices out-of-the-box so you can turn them on immediately. Or you can change them using our friendly drag and drop based editor, or even completely customize the content using full HTML. The choice is yours!
Campaigns come configured with ideal timings, but you’re free to set them as you’d like (e.g., send 3 recovery emails per abandoned cart, or a series of 4 emails in a winback campaign), customize their send timing, and use a drag-and-drop editor to change the content. Very friendly for non-technical users.
** Winbacks, Review Reminders, and Email Collectors, oh my! **
Installing Recapture gives you the features of 4 separate plugins with less hassle
Besides abandoned cart recovery emails, we support email popups to encourage list building, we support review reminder emails to get customers to provide a review after purchase (social proof increases sales!), and winback emails to encourage customers to be repeat buyers. All of these increase your average order value, making your store more profitable.
** Won’t drag your site down **
Tracking for orders and carts is done and stored in Recapture, not your site’s database. We send emails from our robust cloud infrastructure using best practices (SPF, DKIM, etc) to ensure maximum delivery and open rates. This means your site stays FAST for buyers while we track analytics and carts for you, allowing you see everything you need in a click or two.
Recapture is backed by a team with a long history of ecommerce success. Recapture for Easy Digital Downloads works on any store and scales automatically with our AWS load-balanced, multi-server infrastructure. We handle stores of all sizes. No need to worry as you grow!
** Friendly, responsive support **
We (heart) our merchants and ecommerce
Our #1 goal is to make your store more successful, and we love to do it! Contact us for support and find out what sets us apart from so many other WordPress plugins. Live chat available in the Recapture dashboard.
Translators: the plugin text domain is:
- Visit Recapture.io for more details on Recapture, and to see how our average merchant can boost revenue 10% or more in just 5 minutes.
- Browse the documentation for questions, FAQs and more.
- Contact us for support on our site
Be sure you’re running Easy Digital Downloads 2.7.7 or newer on your site.
To install the plugin, you can do one of the following:
- (Recommended) Search for „Recapture for Easy Digital Downloads“ under Plugins > Add New
- Upload the entire
recapture-for-easy-digital-downloadsfolder to the
- Upload the .zip file with the plugin under Plugins > Add New > Upload
Activate the plugin through the ‚Plugins‘ menu in WordPress
Click the „Configure“ plugin link or go to Recapture from the main menu to connect your store to Recapture quickly.
Save your settings!
Do I need anything else to use this plugin?
Yes, a free Recapture account is required to recover abandoned carts for your Easy Digital Downloads store (we’ll create one for you on install, automatically!). You can recover up to $500 completely free, You can learn more about Recapture pricing here for our paid accounts.
When do you consider a cart „abandoned“ and how do you get emails from my customers?
A cart is considered abandoned if a customer has added items to the cart, but has not checked out or shown any cart activity for at least 30 minutes. At this point, Recapture starts the timers for your recovery emails.
How do you get emails from my customers?
Can I include unique coupon codes in my emails?
Yep! Recapture can find and include Easy Digital Downloads coupon codes in your automated emails. This gives you a proven and powerful means of increasing conversion rates and generating more orders!
Are you GDPR compliant?
Completely. As of May 25, 2018, we are fully GDPR compliant. Details here.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„WordPress abandoned cart recovery and email marketing for Easy Digital Downloads by Recapture“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
Übersetze „WordPress abandoned cart recovery and email marketing for Easy Digital Downloads by Recapture“ in deine Sprache.
Interessiert an der Entwicklung?
Durchstöbere den Code, sieh dir das SVN Repository an oder abonniere das Entwicklungsprotokoll per RSS.
- Apply discount code to the recovery URL.
- Improve conversion tracking
- Set cart token when updating the cart if one has not already been set.
- WordPress 6.0 support
- Fix incorrect echo tag in reviews page template
- Support discount code expiry dates
- Update Recapture api URL
- Support loading customer data from the currently logged in WordPress user
- Fix undeclared variable warning
- Support EDD Free Downloads plugin
- Support Aelia Currency Switcher
- Include customer name in order conversion
- Send the cart contents to Recapture when the checkout form is loaded to correctly record tax changes
- Easy-Digital-Downloads support for Review Booster campaigns
- WordPress 5.8 support
- Disabling setting a new cart id from the thank you page because some payment providers take a while to mark the order as complete.
- Support for unique discount codes.
- Update Recapture when a discount code is applied or removed.
- Explicitly apply discount code when creating the cart.
- WordPress 5.7 support
- Include the download variant’s name in the Recapture cart
- Fixed an issue affecting CloudFlare users when authenticating with Recapture.
- Added better support caching plugins
- Support ‚defer‘ script tags added by optimization plugins
- Fix bug ‚headers already sent‘
- Fix compatibility with caching plugins
- Updates for code review with WPE
- Cleanup for LW integration
- General enhancements and fixes
- General enhancements and fixes
- Improve flow when connecting to Recapture
- Fix price calculation with multiple item quantities.
- WordPress 5.3 support
- Improved cart attribution in certain situations
- Initial release