This plugin adds the ability for users to „check in“ to the P2 theme when they’re active. Once activated you’ll find a new „Who is Checked In“ widget that you can add to your sidebar, and a „Log In/I’m here!/I’m leaving!“ button will automatically be added to your P2 theme’s header.
The sidebar will list the users who are currently checked in, along with how long they have been checked in. By default users will be bumped to the bottom of the list and be shown as checked out for 30 minutes after they have left.
The language in this plugin is purposefully left a big vague so you can use it for your own purposes. Checking in could mean literally checking into a building to show you’re there (the purpose I developed the plugin for) or it could mean that you are simply available, and actively watching the P2.
In addition, the total amount of time someone has logged when „checked in“ is displayed underneath a user’s name in the sidebar.
If a user ever forgets to check out, admin users (or those that can manage_options) can click the x button next to their name and check them out for them.
Props to the Who’s Online plugin for P2, since I cribbed a number of the elements from that plugin to make the development of mine go a bit faster.
Also, the button styles are based on the Twitter Bootstrap button’s styles.
Upload the P2 Check In plugin to your blog, Activate it, then drop the P2 Check In widget into the sidebar where you want it to appear.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„P2 Check In“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
Übersetze „P2 Check In“ in deine Sprache.
Interessiert an der Entwicklung?
Durchstöbere den Code, sieh dir das SVN Repository an oder abonniere das Entwicklungsprotokoll per RSS.
- Bug fix: Spaces were killed in the last update in the sidebar widget. Oversight when making files translation-ready. Added spaces back.
- Feature: Made the plugin translation ready, kudos to David Decker for the reminder in the forums (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-p2-check-in-plugin-is-not-translateable?replies=2). Additional translations welcome!
- Released: June 3, 2012
- Feature: Logged in admins can now check out users. Ideally this should only be done when someone forgets to check out or something. Use with caution.
- Fix: closed the cheating loophole on login.
- Removed the cheating messages, since they’re confusing and unneeded for folks on the front end.
- Updated the stylesheet to support the new subtle x buttons for checking folks out.
- Feature: Total checked in time is now logged and displayed, by default, with the user list in the sidebar. Get competitive!
- Also removed some more unused CSS.
- Note: Unfortunately this release my end up checking users out if they’re in at the time you upgrade. This is due to this release making the meta values uniform (with proper namespacing across the board). Ideally this will be the only release that resets anyone.
- Added kudos to the end of the description.
- Tweaked the short description a little bit.
- Cleared out the extraneous code leftover from the fork from Who’s Online.
- Added some code comments that I slacked on the first time.
- Moved the check in button logic/markup into a function that outputs into the widget itself, rather than muddying up the widget code.
- Refreshed the CSS entirely.
- Separated the list of users into two groups: checked in and checked out. This way the two won’t get mixed up and out of order.
- Added a log in button, in place of the check in/out button, just in case the person isn’t logged in yet.
- Fixed bug where opacity would mess up the alignment.
- First working version, implemented on a P2 blog I’m active on.