If you’d like to make the content on your site visible only to certain users using categories, look no further!
Designate certain categories as „members-only“ via Privacy Settings.
An administrator may then assign a user to them via Profile.
Only content belonging to „public“ categories (any top-level category you do not designate as „members-only“), and categories assigned to the logged-in user, and all subcategories of either, will be visible.
I would like to thank the action hook pre_get_posts, without which this plugin would not have been possible.
This plugin was created by firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re an online marketing strategy / custom web and mobile development agency in Philadelphia.
Among other things, we love WordPress.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
- Within Settings -> Privacy you’ll see a new section titled Members-Only Categories. This is a listing of all your top-level categories. Tick the checkbox next to those you would consider „private.“
- To grant a user access to one or more of those categories, tick the checkboxes at the bottom of their Profile in a new section also titled Members-Only Categories. Only a user who can edit users (administrator) may do this.
- Log out of WordPress, and log in as that user. The content on your site should now be filtered by „public“ and „members-only“ categories.
- If „User Access Manager“ exists, why must this plugin also exist?
While User Access Manager is a fine plugin, it may be cumbersome to grant access to one or more user groups upon editing each and every post.
By contrast, with this plugin, you need only consider a category as „members-only,“ and any content created within it will automaticaly be viewable only to those users assigned to it.
If you’d like to redirect a user to a different page upon logging in, instead of Profile, you might try WordPress Login Redirect or something similar.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„O3World Members-Only Categories“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
Interessiert an der Entwicklung?
Specify hide_empty argument (set to false) in call to get_categories, so that ALL top-level categories are shown.
Added logic to pre_get_posts hook to return $query as-is when $query->query_vars[ ’suppress_filters‘ ] is set and true.
- Add empty callback function ‚o3_moc_edit_categories‘, referenced in add_settings_section( ).
- Initial release.