The More Widgets plugin adds extra widgets to use with your widgetized areas within your WordPress site. Use this plugin instead of built-in theme widgets so if you ever switch themes you can keep your widgets.
The plugin is super slim and well coded so you don’t have to worry about any added „bloat“ on the site. Also all widgets do include default styling so no coding is required. Of course if you want to remove the default styling this can be done easily via a child theme (see the FAQ’s below).
If you are looking for a different widget plugin you may want to check out our list of Best Widget Plugins for other options.
The following widgets are included with the plugin:
- Advertisement (1 or 2 columns)
- Advanced Recent Posts (left thumbnail or top thumbnail styles)
- Business Info
- Comments w/ Avatar
- Facebook Page
- Google Map
- Posts Slider
- Social Profiles
You can view examples of all the custom widgets on the Live Demo.
Suggest New Widgets
Open a new support request for any recommendations for future widgets to be added to the plugin or extra settings for the current widgets.
- Upload ‚more-widgets‘ to the ‚/wp-content/plugins/‘ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‚Plugins‘ menu in WordPress
- Go to Appearance > Widgets or Appearance > Customize > Widgets to make use of the newly added widgets
What Themes Are Supported?
This plugin will work with any theme. The purpose of the plugin is so you can take your widgets with you no matter what theme you decide to use. It works great with our Free WordPress Themes but feel free to use it as you choose.
Can I bundle this plugin with my themes?
Yes! Please do. Why code new custom widgets for all your themes when you can recommend a singular plugin. If you are going to bundle this plugin with your themes we recommend using the TGMPA Activation Script. Do not simply dump the code into your theme because your end users won’t be able to update it. And if you have suggestions for future widgets let us know in the forum so we can consider them for future updates. We welcome all suggestions.
How to remove default CSS styles?
If you are recommending this plugin to be used with your theme and wish to remove the default CSS you can do so by setting the „more_widgets_enqueue_styles“ filter to false.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„More Widgets“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
Übersetze „More Widgets“ in deine Sprache.
Interessiert an der Entwicklung?
Durchstöbere den Code, sieh dir das SVN Repository an oder abonniere das Entwicklungsprotokoll per RSS.
- Added load_plugin_textdomain to fix error on translate.wordpress.org.
- Added Discord and Tiktok Icons.
- Updated tested up to version.
- Fixed Design issue with the social widget in the Gutenberg Block Editor.
- Fixed social icons not rendering in the Customizer.
- Fixed email & reddit social icons not showing.
- First official release