This plugin was originally written for a client, but may be useful for others. It simply creates a discrete banner when viewed on mobile. This banner can include a link, to a mailing list for example.
- Upload the plugin zip file using WordPress‘ plugin installer, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly (search for ‚Mobile Banner Robin Phillips‘)
- Activate the plugin through the ‚Plugins‘ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->Mobile Banner screen to set the text and link URL
28. Oktober 2022
As nice as the responsive design is, but it sometimes really reaches its limits! Then "get around" that, a little bit, with this plugin! In most responsive themes, a reduced header is displayed, then the current posts and then the side menu (used by me as an order structure). Now there is hint with the link to an info page! Short form: Please turn your phone ... or use the "desktopview" of your browser 🙂 Thanks for your PLUGIN!
21. November 2019 2 replies
I honestly didn't think this plugin was going to be as good as it is. So many times plugins don't work as advertised, but this one is extremely simple and that's what makes it great. If I could be so bold as to make a request for a future update: It would be nice to have the option to include an "x" button to the right side of the banner which would hide it. I'm using my banner for a call to action specifically targeted at mobile users, and I think it might be nice if they could close out of it if they aren't interested.
30. August 2019 1 reply
It's really simple and efficient. Loved it. Works perfectly for mobile screens. My humble request to the developer to add an option to adjust the height of the banner in the next update.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„Mobile Banner“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
Übersetze „Mobile Banner“ in deine Sprache.
Interessiert an der Entwicklung?
Durchstöbere den Code, sieh dir das SVN Repository an oder abonniere das Entwicklungsprotokoll per RSS.
- Security bug fix release. Fixes CSRF vulnerabilitiy which allowed attacker to trick admin user into changing settings.
- Added „Open link in new tab“ option
- Added an optional close button
- Added option to set banner height
- i18n bug fixes