MarkTroll is a simple WordPress plugin that implements user shadowbanning (or hellbanning) for comments.
Comments by shadowbanned users will be invisible to all other users. However, the shadowbanned users will continue to see their own comments, hopefully oblivious to the fact that they’ve been shadowbanned. This is non-destructive in that changes are not made to the comments themselves. Shadowbanned comments are still saved to the database and visible to admins in the dashboard comments listing. Note that contrary to other plugins, Marktroll does not expect the commenting user to be logged to be shadowbanned.
If you disable this plugin, showbanned comments will become visible to all users.
All code is released under The GNU License. Please see LICENSE.txt.
- Upload the MarkTroll folder to your ‚/wp-content/plugins/‘ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‚Plugins‘ menu in WordPress
To shadowban a user:
- In the comments section of the admin panel, you can „Mark as troll“ (this option is added with the regular options to Unapprove, Edit, Quick Edit, Reply, Spam, Trash and so on)
- The user, IP and email is then added to the Troll list, available in Settings/MarkTroll
To remove a user from shadowban, remove it from the Troll list (pseudo, IP and email).
None so far
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„MarkTroll“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
- Shadowban list (troll list) in control panel
- Shadowbanned user’s comment is invisible to all but the user