Simply display a different theme to your Apple iOS (iPod/iPhone/iPad) users.
Another plugin to check out is WPtouch; but depending on your needs, it may be overpowered.
This plugin becomes especially useful with WordPress-powered full-Flash websites. Since Apple has chosen to block Adobe Flash technology, your markets may require an HTML fallback.
- Download the plugin (zip file).
- Upload and activate the plugin through the „Plugins“ menu in the WordPress admin.
- Why would I want to display a different theme to Apple iOS users?
You may not. I honestly wouldn’t unless I was producing a full-Flash website with WordPress as a backend.
- Why not just use WPtouch?
Try it! The free version does not currently support iPad, though, and I felt that it was overpowered for my needs.
- Will this change the theme for other concurrent users as well, or just specific users?
Theme switching is done independently for each concurrent user. You need not worry about non-iOS users seeing the alternate theme.
- Will this work with any theme?
Yes, but you may need to conform a few technical things. Continue reading for specific cases.
- My widgets and/or menus are not appearing in my alternate theme. What’s wrong?
The internal WordPress
id’s must match in both themes for menus/widgets to work consistently.
- Can this plugin work with WP Super Cache?
Yes. Check out this WPtouch article.
- Umm, how/where do I set what the alternate theme is?
At this time, you will have to edit the plugin file itself on line 16. Put in the folder name of the theme. Eventually, I will create a proper UI.
- Will this plugin work for WordPress version x.x.x?
This plugin has only been tested with versions of WordPress as early as 3.2. For anything older, you’ll have to see for yourself.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„iOS Alternate Theme“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
- Initial release