This plugin is a replacement for my old „GPS MAP Widget“ plugin with the following options:
- In the „media“ list view there’s a new column which shows the availability of GEO data
- When GEOdata isn’t found yet, it checks the imagefile for the EXIF geodata and stores it in the metadata
- The old metadata used by GPS MAP Widget is recognized and translated in the current system.
- In the POST/PAGES overview a new column is presented with the featured image. Geodata is presented with an overlay icon.
- The media/post/page edit screen shows the location map in a metabox when a featured images with geodata is available.
- A widget „geo2wp map“ is available.
- Two shortcodes are available: EXIF_locationmap and EXIF_location. See below for the usage, which is exactly the same (oh well, minus the api key)as under GPS MAP Widget.
- GeoRSS can be added to the feed (default: yes)
- The widget is only show when there’s something to show. This also goes for the shortcode, when there’s no data to show, nothing is shown.
- geo2wp handles the geodata as described in https://codex.wordpress.org/Geodata and as such should be compatible with other systems using these metadataa fields.
- Every item in the medialist now has an option to reload the exif geo info.
- In the media screen you can also bulk reload exif geo info
- On the media edit screen the message in the widget, when no map can be shown, is clickable an tries to reload the exif geo info.
- width: width of the map image in px. default 300px
- height: height of the mapimage in px. default 200px;
- zoom: googlemaps zoomlevel. Default 11
- Errors: Show error messages when no exif is available or when there’s no featured image. Default is false for the shortcode
[EXIF_locationmap width=750 height=300 zoom=11 errors=false]
- part: ‚latitude‘, ‚longitude‘ or ‚both‘
- form: ‚dec‘ or ‚dms‘ (decimal or Degree minute seconds. Decimal is default);
will return 52.22935055,6.8737411
[EXIF_location part=both form=dms] will return 52°21'13"N , 6°26'7"N
- Activate the plugin through the ‚Plugins‘ menu in WordPress
- go to the media list, filter on „unattached“ and check out the menu and the bulk pulldown.
- Why did you write this widget?
I wanted to improve „GPS MAP Widget“ and learned a few new WordPress tricks.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„geo2wp“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
Add 3 ways to reload the geo info from exif:
- the media item row menu
- the media screen bulk option
- the widget on the media edit screen when no map is shown.
Left some code commented out, thus the bulk option wasn’t there..
- Removed the „enable shortcodes in widgets“. It moved to the phototools plugin on which the other plugins are going to depend.
- added rel=“”noopenener noreferrer“ to target=_blank external links
- Rather stupid mistake which resulted in api calls without api key.. Sorry!
Fixed some compatability issues.