The Genesis Author Pro plugin creates a library which allows you to add books to your site. The books can have custom information added including:
- Featured Text
- Publish Date
- Available Editions
- Three custom buttons
In addition to the custom book data, there are three taxonomies created: „Author,“ „Series,“ and „Tags.“ These allow you and your site visitors to sort and organize the books in your library.
The Genesis Author Pro Featured Book widget will allow you to select a book from the library and feature it in any widgeted area of your website.
Optional output from the widget includes:
- Widget Title
- Book Title
- By Line
- Book Image
- Featured Text
- Content options including: Full content, limited content, and the excerpt for a custom synopsis.
- Custom link to the single book page
The Author is handled via the custom taxonomy instead of following the post author. This allows you to have multiple book authors and put books in the library without creating new members on your site. Multiple authors should be output in the byline without the Oxford comma like:
- John Doe
- Jane Doe and John Doe
- Jane Doe, John Doe and John Smith
The publish date is a text-aware date field that attempts to understand standard date formats such as:
- January 1, 1999
- 1 Jan 1999
- 1 1 1999
- 1999 1 1
There are instances where the returned date may not correctly match.
4 10 1999 might be interpreted as
April 10, 1999 instead of the intended
4 October 1999. Typing out the month or month abbreviation instead of numeric representation of the month should resolve any discrepancies.
The date will be stored in a computer readable format and then output following the date format set in the WordPress options.
Templates are built into the plugin with default CSS to create the basic layout for all child themes. Templates follow standard WP template hierarchy so if the template is in the child theme, that will override the template in the plugin. Templates include:
You can view a demo of the plugin in the Author Pro theme here.
genesis-author-prodirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‚Plugins‘ menu in WordPress
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„Genesis Author Pro“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
„Genesis Author Pro“ wurde in 5 Sprachen übersetzt. Danke an die Übersetzerinnen und Übersetzer für ihre Mitwirkung.
Interessiert an der Entwicklung?
- Cease use of a deprecated Genesis function. Use standard WordPress function instead.
- Removes Layouts Settings from Authors, Series and Tags.
- Removes Simple Sidebar controls from Authors, Series and Tags.
- Adds filters for the various page slugs so they can be altered.
- Adds support for Genesis Archive Settings.
- Adds support for Genesis Simple Menus.
- Fixes i18n issue.
- Fixes post navigation appearing on archives.
- Fixes pagination issue.
- Various copy changes.
- Initial Public Release