If you use custom post types, you may wish to display recent posts of a custom type in place of recent posts on your front page. A common example is showcasing your portfolio on your front page, with posts being shown elsewhere.
With this plugin, you can select a post type other than „Posts“ for the latest posts shown on the front page.
- Take the easy route and install through the WordPress plugin installer, or,
- Download the .zip file and upload the unzipped folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‚Plugins‘ menu in WordPress
- Go to the static front page section in the customizer, set the front page to show the latest posts, and preview the front page to show the front page post type option.
Where are the options?
Go to the static front page section in the customizer. You need to be previewing the front page
Theme doesn’t display correctly with custom post type
Some themes do not account for post types other than
postin their styles. If switching the frot page post type changes the layout, you can try contacting the theme author and asking them to support other post types as well, or you can restore the indended styling with custom CSS based on the theme’s styling for
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„Front Page Custom Post Type“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
Interessiert an der Entwicklung?
- First publicly available version of the plugin.