Most robust and powerful file manager plugin for WordPress. You can upload, delete, copy, move, rename, archive, extract files with the file manager plugin. You don’t need to worry about FTP anymore. It is really simple and easy to use.
Just install the plugin by following the standard WordPress plugin install process. All the file management is in one place.
- Upload, Download and Delete operations
- All operations with files and folders (copy, move, upload, create folder/file, rename, archive, extract, edit, etc.)
- Download, upload, cut, copy, duplicate, paste, delete, create directory, create file, edit file, rename, archive, extract
- File manager plugin comes with light and elegant client UI
- File manager support drag & drop file upload
- List and Icons view available in File Manager Plugin
- Alternative to FTP and cPanel
- Supported Archives (zip, rar, 7z, tar, gzip, bzip2)
- Image and File Edit Support
- Quicklook, preview for common file types
- Calculate directory sizes
- Video and audio preview/play
- File manager supports file search and sort
- Automatic media sync
- Trash folder
- High performance server backend
- Uses a local file system therefore no need for a database.
- Keyboard shortcuts available
- Multiple file/folder selection
- Move/Copy files with Drag & Drop
- Rich context menu and toolbar
- Thumbnails for image files
- Auto resizes on file upload.
- UTF-8 Normalizer of file-name and file-path etc.
- Sanitizer of file-name and file-path etc.
- Folder upload
- Chunked file upload
- Upload directly to the folder
- Creating the archive by specifying the file name
- File browsing history
- Responsive(Works on tablet and phone)
- Frontend: Enable Bit File Manager plugin for frontend users.
- Shortcode Support: Shortcode support for Bit File Manager to post it anywhere on your website.
- Personal User Folder: Every user has personal/private folder.
- Public User Folder: All the user can share a common folder.
- User Role Folder: User with same role can have common shared folder.
- User Role Permission: Set permission for user roles.
- User Permission: Set permission for specific users.
- File Type: Control what files can be uploaded and what files can be downloaded.
- File Size: Control the maximum file size that can be uploaded.
- Maximum Operations: Support 13+ types of file operation control.
- Operation Control: Control 13+ operations for specific user and user roles.
- Ban Roles/Users: Ban Users and Roles.
We try to make our plugin compatible with as many plugin/theme as possible. If you find any compatibility issue with any 3rd party plugin/theme, kindly report it to us via our plugin support forum or on our website.
✨ Overview of other products we are offering :
📝 Bit Form: Bit Form is an amazing drag & drop form builder that allows you to create custom forms to interact with your visitors. It gives you the freedom to create any form you want, no coding required.
🚀 Bit Integrations: Send WordPress Forms, WooCommerce, LMS, Membership plugin and other data to your Google Sheet, CRM, Email Marketing Tools and other platforms.
📧 Bit SMTP: The ultimate goal of Bit SMTP plugin to make your email deliverability more easy as well as secure.
📢 Join our community Bit Apps & get updates of our plugins.
- Canadienne française/French Canadian
- At least Firefox 12, Internet Explorer 9, Safari 6, Opera 12 or Chrome/Chromium 19
- PHP 5.2+ PHP 5.6+ (recommended)
- Minimum 5.2
- Recommended 5.6+
- Upto 7.2
- Supports 7.3 on production environment
- DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT must be false to edit files from Bit File Manager.
- Upload and install the plugin.
- Go to admin dashboard
- Click on Bit File Manager side menu
Congratulations you have done it!
Invalid backend configuration. Readable volumes not available.
Please check your file permission from your hosting panel. The permission must be 0755 for file/folder. If you are using a vps(virtual private server) then you must ensure that the owner of your installation is PHP aka www-data. Another reason could be wrong root folder path/url. Inserting a correct root folder path/URL should fix the issue.
I can not upload larger files then *MB
You can upload any size of file. Bit file manager plugin uploads files in chunks. So a very large file can be easily uploaded & downloaded.
Can I preview .psd and document files?
Yes, documents like PSD, DOCX can be previewd via file manager preview.
Can I change file permission like cPanel?
Yes, file/folder permission can be changed like cPanel and other hosting management interfaces. It is very easy. Just right click on the file and you will see a menu named **Change Mode **. Clicking will open a dialogue box, where you can update the file permission, just like cPanel.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„Bit File Manager – 100% free file manager for WordPress“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
Interessiert an der Entwicklung?
5.2.7 (29 August, 2022)
- Plugin ownership changed from Aftabul Islam to Bit Apps
5.2.6 (19 April, 2022)
- File permission change added
- Logo updated
- FAQ updated
- New screenshot added
- Minor bug fixes
5.2.5 (14 April, 2022)
- File preview design issue fixed.
- Code editor design issue fixed.
- Full screen design issue fixed.
- Trash folder feature added.
- Plugin debug is synchronized with WP_DEBUG
- Setttings configuration issue fixed
- Codemirror issue fixed
- Code quality improvement
- Other minor bug fixes
5.2.4 (10 April, 2022)
- Tested compatability for WordPress 5.9.3
- Unicode character support for file/folder
- Media folder sync, you can upload to media folder, and it will be available on media library
- File Preview issue fixed [.docx, .psd etc]
- Code editor issue fixed
- Syntax checking for PHP file [You can’t save file with syntax error]
- .htaccess file operation added [Now you can edit/upload/delete .htaccess files]
- Hidden file/folder operation added [Now you can edit/upload/delete any hidden file/folder]
- Root folder name settings added
- System information moved to a different page
- Emailing a file on right click menu added.
5.2.3 (28 March, 2022)
- Tested compatability for WordPress 5.9.2
- Updated to elFinder 2.1.61
- Security issue fixed
- Minor issue fixed.
5.2.2 (08 November 2021)
- Tested compatability for WordPress 5.8.2
- Name & Branding changed
5.2.1 (08 November 2021)
- Tested compatability for WordPress 5.8.1
- Some minor fixes
5.1.9 (28 October 2019)
- Updated to elFinder 2.1.50
- Security fix
5.1.8 (20 October 2019)
- Minor but fixed
5.1.7 (17 July 2019)
- Uploaded file to appropriate directory will automatically synchronized to media library. (since 5.1.7)
5.1.6 (07 July 2019)
- Bit File Manager security issue fixed
5.1.5 (16 May 2019)
- elFinder updated to 2.1.49 (security update) (since 5.1.5)
5.1.4 (15 March 2019)
- Translation Ready
- MIME file Support extended
5.1.3 (27 February 2019)
- elFinder updated to v2.1.48
5.1.2 (23 February 2019)
- Share file via email.
- Root folder path & url added.(You can decide from where your Bit File Manager should start).
- Syntax checker added. (You don’t have to worry about breaking your website while editing any more.)
- PDF preview added
- PSD preview added
5.1.1 (22 February 2019)
- Minor Bug fixed.
- Code & Image editor added.
- WYSIWYG Editor added.
- Chunked file upload added. Upload large file regardless your php.ini settings.
5.1.0 (21 February 2019)
- Updated to elFinder 2.1.46
- Code Editor added for easy editing [Ace, Codemirror, TinyMCE & others].
- Supported file format extended.
- Minor issue fixed
- Unlimited file size upload added(regardless your php.ini settings)
5.0.4 (24 October 2018)
- Support for PHP < 5.3 added
5.0.3 (10 October 2018)
- Minor bug fixed
5.0.2 (16 February 2018)
- Security issue fixed
- Version migration added
- Activity log
5.0.0 (12 September 2017)
- DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT reporting added disallow_file_edit has to be false
- PHP 7 double underscore(__) warning fixed PHP issues
- Undefined index warning fixed Notice: Undefined index in debug mode
- Control Hide width of Bit File Manager window.
4.1.6 (10 Jun, 2017)
- Empty Downloaded file fixed
- Non-ASCII character support for file/folder name
- Tested on WordPress 4.8
4.1.4 (2 March 2017)
- Language option added
- Design issue fixed
4.1.3 (19 February 2017)
- Lower version of PHP error fixed
4.1.2 (5 January 2017)
- Extra slash issue solved
4.1.1 (14 December 2016)
- Minor UI changes
- UI changed
- Server configuration panel added
- fm_options hook added
- OS independent file path structure
- Logging system added
- Bug fixed and Interface updated.
- Data is not valid problem fixed.
- Chromium design issue fixed.
- Extra character output fixed.
- Page speed optimized
- Security Updated
- Extra slash problem on file edit has been checked.
- Security update.
- Activation error fixed with PHP 5.2
- Internal structure updated.
- Initial release of the plugin.