Adds a checkbox to the User Profile screen, allowing logged-in users to change the fonts used across the site to a dyslexic friendly one.
- Upload the plugin files to the /wp-content/plugins/dyslexic-fonts/ directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‚Plugins‘ screen in WordPress
- Tell any dyslexic users they can change how the site is displayed!
What font is that?! And why is it easier to read?!
See https://opendyslexic.org/ for more information; this plugin simply lets users toggle that font on or off.
It’s very possible that font choice won’t make a difference (https://www.dyslexia-reading-well.com/dyslexia-font.html) and as the OpenDyslexic website says, it „is not supposed to be a cure, a complete solution, or something you should apply uniformly to everyone“. But for the sake of a checkbox, it’s nice to have the choice.
What browsers are supported?
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„Dyslexic Fonts“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
- Tested with WP 5.7
- Now uses WOFF/WOFF2 versions of the font instead of OTF
- Tested with WP 5.6 alpha-49135
- Initial release.
- Bugfix: uses CSS :not selector to avoid classes with „icon“ in them
- Tested with WP 5.2.1
- Tested with WP 4.6.1