This is the penultimate version of Related Posts by Categories and Tags. Contextual Related Posts v3.0.0 will incorporate all the functionality of this plugin.
Related Posts by Categories and Tags is an extension for Contextual Related Posts that adds another degree of related posts matching by adding the option to restrict these related posts to the same category, tag or custom taxonomy.
Additionally, you can also disable the contextual matching engine either on posts/pages or on only custom post types.
Requires Contextual Related Posts v2.6.0 or higher.
Related Posts by Categories and Tags is open for contribution on Github
So, if you’ve got some cool feature that you’d like to implement into the plugin or a bug you’ve been able to fix, consider forking the project and sending me a pull request.
WordPress install (the easy way)
Navigate to Plugins within your WordPress Admin Area
Click „Add new“ and in the search box enter „Related Posts by Categories and Tags“
Find the plugin in the list (usually the first result) and click „Install Now“
Download the plugin
Extract the contents of crp-taxonomy.zip to wp-content/plugins/ folder. You should get a folder called crp-taxonomy.
Activate the Plugin in WP-Admin.
Goto Settings » Related Posts to configure. You’ll find two checkboxes under General Options
If your question isn’t listed here, please create a new post detailing your problem in the WordPress.org support forum. It is the fastest way to get support as I monitor the forums regularly. I also provide premium paid support via email.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„Related Posts by Categories and Tags“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
Interessiert an der Entwicklung?
This is the penultimate version and is compatible with Contextual Related Posts v2.9.3 and below. All its functonality will be included in Contextual Related Posts v3.0.0.
Some settings have been renamed in preparation for the new version.
- Exclude on categories uses the short circuit filter introduced in Contextual Related Posts v2.9.0
$argsinstead of global
$crp_settingsfor all filters
- New option to enter the minimum number of common taxonomies to be matched before a post is considered related
- New option to exclude display on select post categories. Does not work with tags or custom taxonomies
- Resetting Contextual Related Posts settings with this plugin activated caused an error
- Bug fixes:
- Saving settings added admin notices incorrectly
- Delete settings on uninstall
Plugin has been renamed to „Related Posts by Categories and Tags“
- Upgrade the plugin for the new Settings API in Contextual Related Posts v2.6.0
- Add a notice in the admin page if Contextual Related Posts v2.6.0 and above is not installed
- Old settings interface – crpt_crp_default_options, crpt_save_options, crt_general_options, crt_tuning_options
- When „Match all taxonomy terms“ is selected, only taxonomies for the current post type is selected. This reduces the cases where no posts are found. Posts are also now properly ranked by relevancy
- Fixed PHP notices
- Option to match by all taxonomies – Contributed by Enchiridion
- Filters not working when only taxonomies are being used – Contributed by Enchiridion
- Activation of the plugin failed with Contextual Related Posts v2.2.x
- Added support for custom taxonomies. Very useful if your custom post types have custom taxonomies
- Disable contextual matching
- Initial release