Existing users, please update your host value to ‚chat.fastcatsoftware.com‘.
BLOGCHAT is a live comment and chat system that was created specifically for blogs. With BLOGCHAT, each article or page on your blog can have its own dedicated real time discussion area.
BLOGCHAT can be used for both comments and chat; however, it does not replace your existing comment system. It also comes with a whole host of bells and whistles: video conferencing, chat rooms, instant messaging, games, to name a few.
BLOGCHAT is a specialized version of the FCChat Chat Platform (See also: FCChat Widget Plugin- https://wordpress.org/plugins/fcchat/)
(look for the chat box near the bottom of the page)
We are currently working on WebRTC video chat, which does not require Flash, and which would run on a variety of mobile devices.
We are also working on a programmable interface so that you can add your own custom features to the chat.
Real time text chat
Video Chat: 1 on 1 video chat and video conferencing (6 Simulaneous Cams)
Full Page Mode: Launch Chat into a separate tab
Public rooms/Private Rooms
Instant messaging/Private Chat
Post Youtube videos (thumbnail with link) simply by entering the url of the video.
Language translation feature
Two player games
Customized buttons with content dialog boxes in the chat toolbar.
Split-screen Mode: Show the chat side by side with your site
Assign titles to users
Customizable language templates
Customizable style templates
Web based file editor
SERVICE ACTIVATION – SERVICES HOSTED BY FASTCATSOFTWARE.COM
BLOGCHAT is a paid subscription service – we are not ad supported, so we thank you for your support.
In order to use this widget, you will need to sign up for a subscription to the chat service on www.fastcatsoftware.com. Follow the „Installation“ tab for more specific instructions. You will receive a free trial when you sign up. You may view all our subscription plans here: http://www.fastcatsoftware.com/chat/activation.aspx
When you install the BLOGCHAT Widget, you will only be installing the chat client on your site. Your chat server (meaning your chat data) will be hosted at www.fastcatsoftware.com, on our servers.
- Old-school: upload the
BLOGCHATfolder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory via FTP. Hipster: Add the BLGOCHAT Widget via the WordPress Plugins menu.
- Activate the Plugin
- Visit http://www.fastcatsoftware.com/chat/userguide/blogchat_for_wordpress.asp to finish the installation.
- Visit http://www.fastcatsoftware.com/chat/activation.aspx to activate your chat account.
- Navigate the the BLOGCHAT configuration page: Settings -> BLOGCHAT Settings and fill out the Chat ID and Host values you received during activation.
- Rate the plugin and verify that it works at wordpress.org.
- Leave a comment regarding bugs, feature request, cocktail recipes at http://www.fastcatsoftware.com
When you upgrade to a new version, any customizations you made to the chat will be erased. In order to save those changes, do the following:
- Make backup copies of any files that you have altered. You may wish to make backups of the following folders: (fcchat/config, fcchat/languages, fcchat/styles, fcchat/html/config). Place them in a safe place where they will not be deleted.
- Next uninstall the old version and install the current version.
- Finally, manually copy the changes you made to the old files into the current version’s files. Do not replace the new files with the old files, as the structure of the new files may have changed; but instead, use the wordpress file editor to make the changes line by line.
Also, when you upgrade to a new version, it is NOT required that you obtain a new chat ID.
- Where is the demo?
- How do I use/configure/administrate BLOGCHAT?
Here are some places to look for information:
- How do I contact you if I have questions?
Our email address:
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„BLOGCHAT Chat System“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
Interessiert an der Entwicklung?
Version 22.214.171.124 of BLOGCHAT is the first version available as a wordpress plugin.
Updated the url to the shared document plugin.
Added an option to remove the Online Panel from the ChatCenter. Removed the send buttons.
Fixed an issue with the sidebar tabs when option show_online_panel is false. Corrected width of chatcenter panel in mobile.
Version 1.0.2 introduces a horizontal layout in addition to the vertical layout.
Made further updates to the layout, including the resizing feature. The software is now packaged with the plugin.
Fixed an issue with the improper display of links due to a faulty link discover regex.
Fixed an issue with the improper display of user list panel.
Added hide_chatroom_info and hide_eye to the chatbox options.
Added an option hide the eye in the ‚whos connected list‘ and the chat room info in the bottom toolbar. Updated the image upload panel and added an image upload icon to the chatbox.
Updated the avatars panel. Created a html/blogchat.php page. Fixed a bug with the resizing of the send chat input. Fixed a bug with the display colors in the user list panel.
Added two tone styling.
Added a new embedding mechanism.
Added more mobile compatability. Bottom bar now switches to icon buttons in the small display mode. Touch and gesture events added to make user interface more fluid.
added -webkit-transform: translate3d(0,0,0) support
Fixed a minor error with the display of the video icon
More improvements for mobile displays.
Fixed a bug in html/Avatars.php.
A few minor style updates.
Fixed a bug involving the location of the login box relative to the toolbar.
Added a default option for room alerts (on or off) to the configuration.